Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wah Wah

Day 4

It's 11:49, and I have already missed a day. But I did that on purpose to see how many people would notice. Yeah, that's it! I wanted to see how many people were watching to see if I would mess up. Isn't that how life is? We wait for people to mess up so we can say ha ha look at you, you messed up! It's so unlike us as people to always hope for the best in people. We marvel and bask in the failures of others and we do this because it takes the focus off of our own failures!

It's human nature for us to focus on the missteps of others because we have so many missteps of our own and rather than deal with our own missteps, we would much rather focus on someone Else's! So that's why I intentionally skipped a day!

Just kidding, I screwed up! but I'll make up for it! Look for day 2 and day 5 tomorrow. I guess!

I'm ready to preach on Judges tomorrow! It will be an interesting sermon as Judges has proven to be a gory and disappointing account of the unfaithful Israelites! I can't believe how soon they forgot about God and how easily they turned to other gods! I am so glad we don't do that today! We are so much better than those Israelites. We witness so much of what God has done and we never turn away! We stay 100 % faithful! Not like those non-thankful Israelites.

Just kidding again! We screw up all the time and we can certainly identify with the plight of our spiritual ancestors. I can only hope and pray that God will be as patient with us as He was with the ancient Israelites!

Forgive us Lord when we are more prone to turn away than to run passionately toward you!

Tonight's Menu: Dinner at Max and Erma's

1 comment:

Jenny Lewelling said...

I can't believe I missed Max and Erma's last night. Maggie told me all about her meal while I "enjoyed" a bologna sandwich with goat's cheese..or maybe swiss, I can't remember. <3